lunedì 8 dicembre 2008

Discussion topic six: Reflection

.
Considering my expectations about this English course, I think that I've improved on some particular areas of study.
First of all I've found a new way to learn pronunciation of new words: using Phonemic Chart. It is a simple way to learn pronunciation if you don't have the chance to speak with a native speaker.
Secondly I've acquired an unusual (and more practical) way to learn about English Grammar, especially Tenses. This method isn't just based on grammar rules, but takes a look also at the nature of the Speaker, the Context, and much more aspects.
The next thing I'm going to work on, is my "pet hate", speaking. I think I have a lot to improve in this area, not just in relation to English, but also in regard with my own exposition, in any case and in any language.
.

1 commento:

S.B. ha detto...

Dear Lorenza,

Well Done on a good term's work!
Your final result is 78.5% B+ Grade. It is broken down like this:
Writing (Essay): 19.5
Speaking (Presentation): 20
Progress Test: 15
Self Study (Blog): 24

Your Presentation was excellent - start working now on pronunciation (vowel sounds) and you will soon be an excellent public speaker in English.

The test was very difficult but you passed. Look at tenses - particular continuous and passive forms as you seem to be forgetting those.

Merry Christmas and take care,

Sean